J.S. Bach - Andante and Allegro from sonata in e minor

This is from, probably, my favorite Bach sonata. I've already transposed the first movement (Adagio) which is lovely. The entire sonata is included in the Frans Bruggen recording and he plays it very differently than Kristine. It is interesting to note that Frans is playing a baroque flute - rich and round tones - while Kristine is playing a very bright sounding alto recorder, and so I suppose because of the nature of the alto she is able to make it sound very bird-like: light & quick with beautiful embellishments (lots of embellishments) all throughout the pieces,  and i do apologize for the bird cliche. (lol) The Allegro here even sounds, dare I say it, a little bit rock and roll! What do you think?
Im hoping that this weekend I'll be able to do some transcribing of the second movement. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment