JS Bach: Allemande from Partita A minor.
Sometimes there are things we are exposed to in life that make us go: OMG I need to do that! Then, somehow, we do it. I certainly remember this happening to me when I first started knitting ages ago. It was something that I had wanted to learn, but I guess just wasn't motivated enough to actually do it. Then I came across a particular pattern I instantly fell in love with, and I stopped waiting. I printed the pattern, looked up knitting videos, and made it. Well this is the piece that really inspired to me to actually start learning the recorder. I was already interested in learning but just taking my sweet time with setting desire into action. After hearing this piece I stopped waiting, and immediately downloaded it (in actual A minor), ordered a recorder (a cheap 10 dollar yamaha soprano, lol), and set to work learning how to play it, haha. I didn't do too bad in terms of learning the notes but of course it wasn't pretty, especially with the kind of recorder I had. Ack, my ears! I knew that I was getting ahead of myself and that I needed to concentrate on basics for a while. I've been playing for just over a year now, and while my skills are not elite pro, they don't suck like they once did, haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment