flute update

We have  been enjoying some beautifully  clear weather and walks the last couple of days. I love the rain but the many days of dark light will make me depressed. So this sunshine is lovely and reminds me of home, minus all the palm trees.


I'm still working with my traverso and progressing little by little. It's been such a slow process for me, and my finger strength/mobility haven't improved very much. I was able to make a kind of thumb port (lift) from hot glue for my right hand  but it's not a perfect solution because it is huge and tends to slide around. Hopefully over time my hands will become more flexible and mobile and I'll be able to reduce the size of the port, if not remove it entirely. 

On the upside, after almost two years Im finally able to reach all the holes now on the tenor recorder. I require a lot of breaks and massaging in between pieces but i'm just so happy i can actually play all the notes now. (Renaissance music sounds lovely on it.)  Having small hands (or short fingers) sucks. lol. So in future i think i'd love to get one of the comfort tenors with all those extra keys. Actually i even wish altos came with an optional F key!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment